The HR Director is a strategic partner and consultant to the executive management team; a departmental change agent; a champion for employees, and an administrative subject matter expert.
The Director plans, organizes, and directs the activities of Human Resources including policy development, compensation, benefits, performance management, and regulatory compliance.
Provides assistance and guidance in recruiting, employee orientation, and professional development.
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related fields with experience in management and compliance. Master's Degree in Business or Human Resources preferred.
- Minimum five years of successful administrative experience in human resources management or an educational administration position required.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) Certification preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of human resources management theory, practice, employment laws, and governmental regulations as these apply to the college environment preferred.
- Considerable managerial experience, including experience in the recruitment, selection and training of personnel, and demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making.
- Excellent human relations skills, oral and written communications skills, and interpersonal skills sufficient to effectively handle the most critical, sensitive or emotionally disruptive issues.
- Acts as a strategic partner with the executive management team providing HR policy guidance and interpretation. Gathers and oversees the compiling of data and completes/prepares reports for regulatory and college reporting needs. Analyzes data and makes recommendations to VPFO.
- Manages benefit programs, policies, and procedures for group health/dental coverage, life insurance, disability, retirement, leave of absence. Administers unemployment and worker's compensation claims.
- Interprets and applies policy in responses to inquiries requiring detailed knowledge of such pertaining to the human resources area. Maintains compliance with pertinent federal and state laws e.g. Americans with Disabilities as Amended; Family Medical Leave Act, I-9 eligibility; Title IX; Fair Labor Standards Act, etc. Assists in the development of policies and procedures related to such compliance.
- Oversees and provides assistance and guidance with compensation, recruitment, Banner module implementation, upgrades, and testing.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions). Supervises, mentors, and oversees the training of department personnel.
- Develops and conducts orientation/workshops for employees and student workers to foster positive relations and assist employees to achieve organizational objectives. Assists in the development and conducting of required training.
- Serves as a link between administration and employees by handling questions, interpreting policies and helping resolve work-related problems. Assists Vice President of Finance and Operations (VPFO) with compliance and grievance complaints. Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Attends and participates in college organizational meetings e.g. Banner Data Management, Supervisor, All-team, and Mover Team, etc.
- Attends professional development meetings, webinars, etc., to stay compliant in the areas of human resources.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Competitive salary. Participation in college Flexible Benefits program which includes options for single and family health and dental coverage, optional insurances, and reimbursement accounts. Other benefits include: income protection insurance; matching annuity; SCCC tuition reimbursement for employee and dependents; annual and sick leave allowances and participation in social security (FICA) and state retirement programs (KPERS).
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Position Status: Full-Time
Aplication Deadline: Open until filled
Start Date: ASAP
- Successful applicant will be required to pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
- Separate application required for additional or future openings.
Applications may be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 620-417-1124 or mailed. Direct inquiries to the Director of Human Resources at 620-417-1120.
How to Apply
To be considered, all of the following materials must be submitted to the address below:
- Completed and signed Seward County Community College application. For the employment application click HERE
- Cover letter
- Job-related resume including contact information for three professional references.
- Copies of transcripts of post-secondary institution and/or copies of any relevant certifications, if applicable.
**If employed, official transcripts will be required within 30 days. (Foreign transcripts must be translated and evaluated to determine equivalency to U.S. standards).
If any of the required materials are not submitted with your application packet, your application will be deemed incomplete and will not be forwarded to the committee for screening. Please notify Human Resources if you require any special accommodation(s) in meeting these requirements.
Human Resources Office
Director of Human Resources
Seward County Community College
PO Box 1137
Liberal KS 67901-1137
More information about Seward County Community College can be found at www.sccc.edu and SCCC Facts.
The search committee will conduct all minimum qualification appraisals as set forth on the position announcement and job description and reserve the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant an interview. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified of the time and place of the interview. Interviews are usually conducted on campus by the search committee. Additional interviews and/or teaching demonstrations may be required.
Clery Act Campus Safety and Security Report
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Drug Free Campus